Re: Drivers door is stuck-1990 Accord 2dr LX with power locks

Our 90 Accord had the same problem... we took it to a Honda dealer and this was the outcome. Labor to remove and repair the door panel $184, 1 72150-SM4-A12 3642469 Lock Assy-, L- FR- $228.15, Misc. Charges $10, Total
Charges, $422.15, Tax $14.29, for a grand total of $436.44. Included with the service invoice was a two-page internal service bulletin entitled "How to Open a Door that Cannot be Opened From the Inside or the Outside".
The first page of the service bulletin showed the location of all the panel clips for the driver's door and included five steps on how to remove the door panel. The second page gave a detailed view of the door latch assembly. It also gave instructions on how to drill out the cam in the door latch assembly and remove/replace the door latch.
prvtlewis
nospam wrote:

Could you please publish the number on the service bulletin (or is it one we've already referred to?)
It's all about helping each other.
'Curly'

What was wrong with the latch assembly? Was something wrong with the actuator gear or was it just the locking mechanism?