Re: Easy Ways to improve feul economy for 92 Accord?

I have a 4 cyl 92 Accord and a 160 mile one way daily commute. Would like to know of any easy and not very expensive ways to improve my feul economy please!
well aside from moving to a closer location =) some things you could try are the following: keep your tire pressure at around 30 psi, keep the engine well tuned-up this includes such items as: spark plugs, maybe a new set of spark plug wires if needed, air filter, distributer cap & roter, fuel filter and you might whant to look into a Tornado device. ;)
--
johnin

On Tue, 16 May 2006 23:12:01 +0200, johnin

is that one of those things that 'spread' the spark out, to supposedly make it fire better? Tried one years ago, made no difference at all.

The "Tornado" is a finned device to insert into your air intake that is supposed to swirl the air for better fuel burning. In reality,it is more restriction on the airflow,and could come apart and be ingested by a cylinder,causing great damage.
Just another piece of junk.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I'm sure johnin had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek for that suggestion!
Mike

Depending on the vehicle's mileage,the O2 sensor could be getting "lazy" without the OBDII detecting it,I've seen specs on the various brands of sensor with 60K or 100K miles warranties,and IIRC,my 94 Integra manual says to check the sensor at 60K miles. I replaced it;the car's at 57K mi.(1994 model!) It seems to drive better,but I haven't checked the mileage yet.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Now that jim explained what was intented i knew what was meant. only reason I asked was the spark spreader I used was called the 'Spitfire' (spitfire, tornado, both great British aircraft) and claims to improve economy by giving a better spark. Thats all.