Re: Electricity - was Re: Hybrid cars

Raymond J. Henry wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

> But you can put in enough wind farms to supply the US's electrical >> needs. >> > > Has anyone attempted to determine the results of windmill farms? > Science tells us that to create energy from the wind, we take that > power out of the wind. If we intercept this force enough, what changes > are we imposing on nature?

Wind is merely one of nature's way of equalizing the variations in solar thermal input across land and sea.(Hurricanes are another!) I seriously doubt we humans could interfere enough with winds to cause climatic changes.

> Not saying we *shouldn't*, but we've already gone way down the > destructive road with other sources, maybe we need to do some research > before figuring that wind-generated power is "free".... >

The environmentals are now against windfarms;they kill too many birds.

Sen.Ted Kennedy (an environmentalist-supporter)is against them now,seeing as they want to put one off-shore from his Hyannisport compound.(FAR,far off-shore!) B-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik