Re: evap cannister

It is on the driver side under the rear of the intake air filter. This

> code is also generated by leaving the gas cap loose. Make sure it is > tight, at least 3 clicks. For tons of information on it visit >
forum and search on the code...... > > >>I have a 2000 Odyssey. I can't find in the owners manual where the >> evaporative canister is. I'm getting a 1457 code which says there's >> something wrong with the emissions system and I want to check out the >> canister and tubing, etc. before I have to take it in to the dealer. >> >> Any ideas where the canister is or where I can find out where it is? >>

Right indeed - all the code is really saying is that there is a leak detected in the vapor system. The gas cap comes to mind, with a 2000 being pretty young for the next suspect: a cracked vapor hose.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee