Re: Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

You are entitled to your own opinion but my one son bought one, $1,700,

> looks great, and has all the bells and whistles except for one problem, it > does not get the job done. When he questioned the manufacturer about the > problem he was told to run the load a second time. They suggested he try > running half the recommended clothing load. I can only imagine how bad > they are if one lives where they have hard water.

Your son was had. Buy a standard $500 Washer, and they work as well as they always have.

> > > As to the toilets, they work fine for urine but they do not flush waste > properly and must be flushed a second time. >

Get off your wallet and buy a quality toilet. I have a Jacuzzi Low Flow with a 3" flush valve that will take your hat off if you are standing too close. It doesn't clog unless the kids put in wads of paper the size of a softball...

> > How does that make the washing the new machines and toilets save water? > > > > Typical wacko ideas foisted upon the people by a government afraid of the > environuts. Wait untill they are done with us on the man destroying the > plant with CO2 crap LOL

There is nothing wrong with being environmentally conscious, if you do it right. My Civic Si is a LEV rated vehicle that has plenty of power and speed while being reasonably ecological. My toilet doesn't waste water and gets the job done. My washer gets the clothes clean and costs half to run that my old one did. It is your job to be an educated consumer and not fall prey to the marketing hype.

Reply to
Joe

Front loading washers are gentler on clothes, use less water and detergent and save energy. And they get clothes as clean or cleaner than top-loading washers.

You're right, Mike's son was had.

Reply to
Jeff