Re: Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

Your son was had. Buy a standard $500 Washer, and they work as well as they always have.

Get off your wallet and buy a quality toilet. I have a Jacuzzi Low Flow with a 3" flush valve that will take your hat off if you are standing too close. It doesn't clog unless the kids put in wads of paper the size of a softball...

There is nothing wrong with being environmentally conscious, if you do it right. My Civic Si is a LEV rated vehicle that has plenty of power and speed while being reasonably ecological. My toilet doesn't waste water and gets the job done. My washer gets the clothes clean and costs half to run that my old one did. It is your job to be an educated consumer and not fall prey to the marketing hype.
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com
Joe wrote:

Front loading washers are gentler on clothes, use less water and detergent and save energy. And they get clothes as clean or cleaner than top-loading washers.
You're right, Mike's son was had.