Re: Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Horn went off w/o by itself at midnight.

<added correct crossposting>
I normally scold people for multiposting, but I'm just getting over a bad bout of flu and am too tired for that.
I quote below what I said in reply to your identical message in the other group:
"This particular vehicle has no horn relay (no kidding).
"The horns in the 2nd gen Integra are always hot, with ground being normally supplied by closing the horn switch in the steering wheel hub.
"The horns are located behind the outside ends of the front bumper, meaning they can get good and wet and salty, especially if the splash shields are torn or missing.
"If your horns are going off by themselves, chances are pretty good the electrical connector at one of the horns is shorting out due to corrosion."
I should also add that if the horns happen to dry out enough, they may stop shorting long enough to resume proper operation until they get wet again.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
in

I thought I was posting here, but I posted to alt.honda by mistake. So I put t here as well. What's wrong with posting to similar groups to get more eyes on the problem? Thanks for the info T. I've found your info useful in the past when replacing alternator brushes on the Integrar....

Nothing at all. But if you post independent messages rather than crossposting, readers in one group won't see the replies in the other group(s), so you'll get /fewer/ eyes on the problem.

Hope it helps.