Re: Honda Accord 03 LX 50,000 Miles won't shift out of park - Automatic

Brakes, brakes, brakes.
Just sayin' --
: : : : : Hi, : It all started a couple of days ago. It would take me two or three attempts : to put the car from park (P) into drive (D). The shift lock is stocked as
: if I wasn't pressing on the break pedal, but of course I was. If I pressed : the breaks really hard it worked until a few hours ago. In addition the : break lights are not working, they don't light up when the breaks are : pressed. : I checked the Horn/Stop fuse, and it was fine. : : I've been reading about the possibility of an interlock switch that signals : the transmission when the breaks are engaged. This switch may be located : below the steering wheel, but that is all I've been able to get from the : web. : : Today is Sunday, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take it to the : dealer, or to the local mechanic. I'll have to use the key to release the : shift lock. : : The car is fine otherwise, and the breaks and transmission feel fine as : well. : : FYI: I also checked the break fluid level, and it was between MIN and MAX, : so I assume that is not the problem. In addition I have never replaced the : break pads. : : Any tips will be appreciated. : Thanks. : : Will.