Re: Honda Civic 1998; switching seats.

Hello everyone.

My question regards replacing the front seats of my Honda Civic. I own a 1998 Honda Civic 4 door lx. It's my first car and I have no desire to get rid of it. It's reliable, economical, and it's a Honda.

However, the seats leave much to be desired. I was considering switching my seats out for those of a similar year Prelude or Integra. I'm comfortable doing this work on my own, but I'm wondering if the switch is possible.

I'm considering the switch because the stock seats in my Civic are severely lacking in upper and thigh side bolstering. If I may be allowed to cut to the chase, they don't do a thing for holding one in their seats during light - modest cornering.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Reply to
Ez

you can swap, but be prepared to change/modify the mounting rails. it's /real/ important to get that right because once the seat starts to float, you lose control of the vehicle real fast.

Reply to
jim beam

You might find it easier to source seats from a sportier version of the Civic, such as an SI. Then you shouldn't have problems with the mounting rails or clearances. Dan

(This account is not used for email.)

Reply to
Dan Beaton