Re: Horsepower cuts embarass Asians

More likely it was my 60 some years of driving experience, vis-a-v his 6 or so years I supose. I guess he never heard of the Ford GT 500 that blew the doors off every sports car in Europe, in the sixties

There is no question a RWD vehicle will out handle a FWD vehicle and that is the point. The original poster seem to think otherwise. ;)

mike hunt

>> Methinks you friend does not know how to drive. One of my neighborhood >> kids challenged my stock 2005 Mustang GT convertible to a timed run with >> his riced up 2006 Civic up over a local six mile mountain road, loaded >> with hairpin turns where all the locals 'test' their cars . If we had >> been running for titles I would have yet another car for one of my grand >> children, if he had the title instead of the bank. LOL >> >> mike >> >>> Detroit's decades-long obsession with HP -- and NOTHING else -- has >> made it a worldwide laughingstock when it comes to sports cars. >> >> so true. i think that every time i massively out-corner a mustang in my > 89 civic hatch on my skinny little 185/60-14's. a friend of mine has a > seriously rodded mustang, and we went out one day into some hills where > there are some nice twisty narrow roads. first, we both went in his. no > question, /way/ more power. seriously way more power. then we went in > mine. thing is, power doesn't mean squat when you have to brake and > corner hard with two wheels in the ditch. after i drove, he wasn't > speaking much. then he drove. when we were done, he just got out and > threw me my keys and walked away! it took him days to stop sulking. i > love civics! > Wasn't that an unfair competition? RWD vs FWD, real competition > experience vs. (probably) none? ;-) > -- > > Ray O > (correct punctuation to reply) > >
Reply to
Mike Hunter