Re: Is emissions control system covered by Honda Care extended warranty

For my Integra GSR,bought new in 1993(94 model),there was a separate emissions systems warranty(from Acura) that was 7 years,70,000 miles. If you bought the car new,you should have gotten a booklet describing the emissions system (Honda)warranty. Your extended warranty paperwork should have the info on what's covered under that warranty.I hope you kept it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

My original emissions warranty was for 3 years/36,000 miles. The extended warranty (I have the paperwork) goes to 100,000 miles and seven years (expires August 2007). The wording doesn't specifically say emissions are covered but it does say it covers the fuel system of which the evaporative system is part. A person at Honda America thought that it should be covered. My service advisor expressed some skepticism and he was going to call them. I haven't heard from him yet. Stay tuned.
Bearman
Your vehicle comes with a standard 8-yr/80,000 mile Federal Emissions Warranty. This warranty is seperate and apart from all other warranties or extended warranties.
Your extended warranty =may= apply and may not. As long as you're under 8/80 don't worry about it. Take the vehicle in and get it fixed.

covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles. The catalytic converter is covered 8/80,000. The people at Honda Care says the evap system is covered to 100K and 7 years (which is what I paid for). I'll let you know what happens when I talk with the service advisor on Monday.
Bearman