Re: just how hard is it chg timing belt 99 accord?

I've changed a few timing belts on Hondas and the best tool I've used is a chain wrench. I use an old a/c belt and wrap it around the pulley in the
groove then the chain wrench on the belt and pulley. Then I attach a S hook to a foot long heavy duty chain and the another S hook on the toe hook. Then I put a breaker bar on and push it off with my feet. The belt protects the pulley from the bite of the chain wrench and the nut comes off pretty easy. I'll take some pictures this week so you can "see" what I mean.

Rich Gray wrote:

================================ On a '99 He probably needs the 50mm hex tool to hold the flywheel pulley steady. because there's a rubber harmonic damper built into the pulley, you can't safely clamp it from the outside (at least not on the Gen 1 CR-V) They're easy to build (see Tegger's FAQ) or you can often get them on eBay.com
'Curly'

I bought one of these http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDb9 and it did a great job.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

============================= Michael, I built a really nice one for about $5, (using the plumbing adapter) My time and the welding was free. It doesn't tie up a second socket handle. I got the idea from the Chilton's manual for Odyssey / CR-V that has a red CR-V on the cover. Here's the link to Tegger's FAQ that I alluded to:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#crankbolt
'Curly'