Re: My car beeps at me / water intrusion

<snip>

Quite an adventure you've had!

It's a momentary switch. But it should light up.
It *may* be that the little LED is burned out in the switch body, so check that the defroster is actually working before tearing into the switch. Turn the switch on for a bit, then fog up the window with some breath and see if it clears up first around the wires.
If nothing works, then it's the switch itself.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Thanks. I'll check that out.
I was looking at the wiring diagrams and it looks like the ICU has nothing to do with the rear wiper/washer. I hadn't tried either in a while so it may be an occasional problem with the switch or the relay. The ICU does affect the intermittent function of the front wipers, and the new capacitor definitely fixed that.
--Art
Add pictures here
âś–

That's probably not right, as I've posted since our conversation. According to www.g2ic.com, it appears it's normally the ICU that goes bad and prevents the rear window defogger from working.

Or the motor might be seized. Can you hear it humming when when the power is on? Maybe give it a bit of a push to see if it starts?