Re: NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Page 2 of 2
Chip wrote:

Based on my experience five years ago with a company vehicle, I wouldn't recommend Jiffy Lube except to customers who know about auto maintenance and can watch the employees continuously.
The two Phoenix area Jiffy Lubes I used, one at Metrocenter, another near the Home Depot on I-17 and Thunderbird, seemed to be honest and didn't push unneeded services, but:
1. The auto maker required 5W-30 oil, but they usually tried to put in 10W-30. A couple of times the Thunderbird Jiffy Lube walked to the Walgreen's next door to purchase 5W-30.
2. The vehicle had ABS that had to be depressurized to for checking the brake fluid level, but both Jiffy Lubes apparently didn't do that and therefore overfilled the reserviors by a great deal and caused tons of fluid to spill out.
3. Both places way overfilled the radiator overflow tank. Granted it was an unusual tank that was supposed to be filled only to 1/2", but I had highlighted the full mark and warned Jiffy Lube of this.
4. The air filter housing was reinstalled wrong.
I had no problems with these places after I told them to only change the engine oil and filter and leave everything else alone.
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:42:43 -0700, larry moe 'n curly

Back in the days when I was a wage slave, I had my company truck's oil and filter changed at a Penzoil quick-lube place. They checked the transmission fluid level with the engine off and over filled it by about a quart. I didn't know that and the transmission started slipping really bad on shifts after eveything got warmed up. Sucked the extra out and that fixed the problem. I never went back except once when I informed the manager (in front of about 6 customers) of the proper way to check the fluid level in an automatic transmission.
You just can't get good help for minimum wage these days!
Jack
Virus Database (VPS): 000782-1, 10/17/2007

That's a management failing, not a wage- or employee motivation failing. "Perform to standards, or you're outta here!"
'Course, half the time the managers are retards, too...
Geoff
-- "If it rains after a liberal washes his car, they say it's a right-wing dirty trick." -- Ann Coulter
Geoff Miller wrote:

No, management failing is when they don't sell enough extras<g>

Too true. Even in the places where you can watch them like a hawk - the only places I would take my cars - you tend to see the manager as the one who's been there more than six weeks, can count without removing his shoes, and manages to NOT need bail money every Monday morning.
Come to think of it Geoff, you probably should issue an apology to retards. Shame on you comparing them with the pit monkeys.<g>