Re: NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Well, I have read through this and may have missed something but I just comment on Interstate Batteries. We sell Interstate in our shop and many other places do also. There is a
toll free number on the top of the battery you can call and they will tell you the closes dealer that sells Interstate Batterys. They are everywhere in the US and maybe other countries also that will warranty the battery as long as the date purchased is punched out on the top of the battery or you have a receipt showing when it was installed. If there is a problem, call Interstate at the toll free number and the problem will be taken care of. I have refunded (this does require a sales receipt) the purchase price when the battery went dead because of a no charge condition and the customer had to buy another battery to get home. I didn't sell the first battery, the second battery or get to fix the charging system but still refunded the money for the Interstate battery and Interstate took care of it. Could anyone want a better warranty this this. Paul Paul's Auto Electric

Somewhat unrelated: A friend of mine recently bought what he described as a "refurbished" Interstate battery, directly from a facility run by the manufacturer here (Rochester NY). He chose to try one in a non-critical application - his lawn tractor. The battery cost him about half the retail price. As he described it, these are batteries that have sat around dealers' showrooms past their "freshness date". Interesting resource.