Re: Nobody with 1999 Accord transmission problems outside the US ?

| I would like to know what the solution was
mysterios deserve no info

I live in Toronto Canada and have a 1999 Honda Accord Ex V6, which has 200,000 kms. I am on my third Automatic transmission. The first started to slip around 50,000 kms, it took constant pressure on Honda Canada who finally replaced it at 95,000 kms. This one lasted all of 5 months and failed, wouldn't change gears on a very cold day, so the third went in around 105,000 kms. In fact the day I was there, 3 other Accords were getting transmission work. I am noticing the current transmission is now starting to slip again... I know of many Honda owners in Canada who have gotten new (rebuilt) trannys under a secret warranty. I know of no class action suit in Canada. Hope this answers your question.
As an FYI, I use only Honda Transmission Fluid and change it as per the scheduled maintenance.
Thanks for your answer.
I have my car since 6 month at Honda Uruguay because they do not want to replace for the second time.
Honda URuguay says that Honda America has to decide about that. And Honda America says that Honda Uruguay has to take responsability about it.
For me that means that Honda America does not take care about their cars sold outside US.
Do they need an International class action for that ? Are Outside USA customers considered Stupid for Honda ?
I have 3 Hondas and I think I am going to sell them as soon as possible and change to another Brand.
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:14:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote:

the USA.

5 months you should still be in the typical 1yr/12K mile warranty for any repair work. At least in the US we have that, says so on the back of the invoice. When you have repair work done on the last day of the standard warranty, you actually have a 1yr/12K mile extension for that part! Well, in the US.
Otherwise you just have to call the Honda customer service line and work from there. Yeah, Hondamatics were pretty bad during those years. I wish ZF Freidrichshafen transmissions were an option.