Re: Price Gougeing

"L Alpert" wrote in news:AvKdnUTCW9PxoITeRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

jim beam wrote: >>> >>> Yet, when one drives down the street, company a,b and c all have the >>> same relative retail price. Collusion?

Not necessarily. It's just that in this case prices are as low as they can go without exposing the industry to possible destruction.

> >> omg!!! kill the heretic!!! no, collusion would be illegal... > > forbid > > >

Various governments have already investigated the oil companies many times over the years, and have failed to find ANY evidence of collusion at all.

Yeah, I know what the conspiracy theorists are going to say, "But the oil industry has the government in its pocket!". The shenanigans of self- appointed crusaders like Eliot Spitzer ought to put that silly notion to bed.

Reply to
TeGGeR®