Re: R.I.P. General Motors (1931-2006)

I guess that is OK if imports were actually better, as you seem to believe, and if you don't have children who might need a job some day. Your experience is the opposite of mine. I was buying imports then switched to
domestics because the imports were costing to me too much to buy and maintain.
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

If imports are better or not is certainly a matter of opinion. Your experience indicates to you that domestic cars are superior. Mine doesn't. We disagree.
On your point about my children..... If you believe that buying American cars that are inferior (if you believed that) would help protect your children's jobs, I think you'd be mistaken. It would only make the companies that you were falsely supporting believe that they actually made stuff worth buying. That's unsupportable in the long term.