Re: Re: 2003-2005 Accord Transmission Problems

"hs4797" wrote: > On 4 Mar 2005 09:24:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@excite.com (hunkman) > wrote: > > >Dave Kelsen < snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>  >> On 3/3/2005 8:51 AM Kenneth J. Harris spake these > words of knowledge: >  >> >   >> > I haven't experienced this problem (2003 EX > V6). >   >> > >   >> > Ken >   >> > >  >> >  >> Ken, while the original poster is a simple-minded > troll, even a problem >  >> of *large* proportions (say, the Chrysler minivan > transmission problem) >  >> doesn't generally strike a large percentage of the > populace. I have not >  >> had any problems with my 2003 Accord LX (V4) at 58000 > miles, nor with my >  >> 2001 Odyssey EX (86000 miles) - but as I understand > it, the potential >  >> for the problem does exist (at least with the > Odyssey). >  >> >  >> If you read through this newsgroup, you'll find that > in the last 2 days, >  >> 'hunkman' has been doing his best to spread lies, > fear and uncertainty. >  >> Generally speaking, the best way to deal with such > is to ignore them. >  >> >  >> >  >> RFT!!! >  >> Dave Kelsen > > > >Just because YOU didnt hav problems, doesn't mean other > people's > >Accords are doing as well. The transmission issue is a well > >established fact that Honda simply won't acknowledge. You > are a lucky > >guy to have one that seems to be without issue. > honda has taken care of their customers with tranny problems. > most > of the customer complaints are a non-issue. a honda > transmission is a > hydraulicly controlled manual transmission. And being such, it > feels > different. > Chip
Hunkman, youre right, I have an Accord 2004 2.4L LX 4 cyl 4 Doors, and I think theres a problem in my transmission as well, a problem with upshifting and downshifting, although my car has 22000 Km on it only and still under unlimited milage warranty untill 04/07, I feel theres problems with the gear and the fuel consumption, it makes only 300Km in the full tank which is 70 Litres, sorry for the measures, I live in UAE. does anybody else have this milage problem?