Re: Re: Need Help with Timing belt:99CivicDX D16Y7

I think it is wrong to think that the timing is off just because the car is idling low and it stalled. If he disconnected the battery that condition is
expected because the computer is relearning. There could also be sensors that were not tight or more likely the belt itself was not tight enough.
I have a question also. If the belt was off a tooth on the camshaft sprocket, would the base timing be off so far that adjusting the distributor would not be enough. And wouldn't the engine light come on for timing belt skipped a tooth code or does it not know because it was off to start with and according to the computer everything is fine?
Thanks I hope someone actually reads these and takes the time to respond or at least point me to another forum.
-------- Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from =-