Re: Resonable Price for a Manual Transmission Fluid change

Elle wrote:

Thanks..
One last question..I see in my FSM that it takes 1.9 U.S. quarts for a oil change..The fill/drain plugs look parallel to the groun
I'm going to ask a stupid question..How to get the oil from the jug to the filler plug ??
Long hose and a funnel ? Turkey Baster ? Something else?
Thanks, loosen the 2 bolts found on the side of the transmission as illistrated http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/CivicManual/pdf/13-3.pdf and refill it using a long hose and funnel pour in just under 2 bottles of 10w30 synthetic motor oil wont quite take 2 bottles but keep pouring it in until you see it draining out put back the top bolt tighten it up and for just under $20.00 your done! with the rest of the $$ you saved take your buddy out for a drink =D
--
johnin

Synthetic? Motor oil?
Honda encourages using its own genuine Honda MTF. Reports here are that shifting is easier with it.
Your posts are hard to follow. Can't you adjust your software settings to indicate what someone else wrote and where your response begins?