Re: Resonable Price for a Manual Transmission Fluid change

IMO, manual transmission fluid changes are easier than

> engine oil changes. For one thing, there's no filter to > replace. > > The shop removes an easily accessed drain plug and filler > plug; drains a little under two (for my 91 Civic, anyway) > quarts of fluid; reinstalls the drain plug with a new > washer; fills through the filler hole without about two > quarts of new fluid; reinstalls the filler plug with a new > washer. > > So your dealer should charge the local going rate for an oil > change, IMO. > > If you have a private shop do it, you can provide the two > washers and fluid and should sleep well. > > From a lot of reading, I do strongly recommend paying the > extra bucks for the genuine Honda manual transmission fluid. > Shifting will be better, according to reports, which > generally translates to less wear on parts. >

Thanks..

One last question..I see in my FSM that it takes 1.9 U.S. quarts for a oil change..The fill/drain plugs look parallel to the groun

I'm going to ask a stupid question..How to get the oil from the jug to the filler plug ??

Long hose and a funnel ? Turkey Baster ? Something else?

Thanks, loosen the 2 bolts found on the side of the transmission as illistrated

and refill it using a long hose and funnel pour in just under 2 bottles of10w30 synthetic motor oil wont quite take 2 bottles but keep pouring it in until you see it draining out put back the top bolt tighten it up and for just under $20.00 your done! with the rest of the $$ you saved take your buddy out for a drink =D

Reply to
johnin

"johnin" wrote

Synthetic? Motor oil?

Honda encourages using its own genuine Honda MTF. Reports here are that shifting is easier with it.

Your posts are hard to follow. Can't you adjust your software settings to indicate what someone else wrote and where your response begins?

Reply to
Elle