Re: Results of Weekend Shopping for a New Car For My Mother

If you preferred the Venza (as stated in the third paragraph of your

> post), why would you be interested in a Taurus? Does bad judgment > run in your family?

Why won't I be intereseted in the Taurus. It seemed to be a nice car, very well assembled, and I am confident it would be at least as reliable as the Toyota Venza. I liked the Venza too, but more for my Mother than for me. She likes station wagons and the Venza seemed to meet her needs. There is no longer a Taurus wagon. I did at least get her to sit in the Taurus. She said it was a nice car, but I think she didn't like it for the same reason she didn't like the Venza. She wanted to sit up higher, which is why we ended up with the Highlander (which has essentially the same drive train as the Venza, but is just a little taller). As I said, if Ford still offered new Freestyles (or the Taurus X) we probably would have ended up in one of those. However, given my Mother's stated desires, it seems to me she purchased the best vehicle.

My family as owned Fords for decades. I personaly have a Fusion and an F150. Neither has had even one problem. The Fusion has 60k trouble free miles. Given my very good experiences with Ford and my very poor past personal experience with Toyotas, why wouldn't I consider a Taurus? I know that current Toyota are a lot better than the junk they sold 20 years ago, so I have no concerns about my Mother buying one. Heck, if they made something I liked, I consider buying one also (for sure if I wanted a Station Wagon, the Venza would still be my number one choice).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Why is all this gooble de gook stuff posted in this newsgroup anyhoo ?

Reply to
Clete