Re: "S" light flashing - '90 Accord

You need to jump the two pins in the Service Check connector, THEN turn the ignition on and count the flashes.
The Service Check connector is a loose plug (gray, I think) above the passenger kick panel (the plastic trim under the dash, just ahead of the door).
--
Tegger

he

We determined that it's not kicking down into 1st at a stop, thus the sluggishness starting out. I found a diagnostic machine we can put it on today.
Thanks

Follow up:
Thanks, Tegger. It turns out the brain had an intermittent fart problem, as occasionally, everything would function normally. We gave it a brain transplant and so far, everything works as it should. It better, considering what this kind of surgery costs.
Unc