Re: "S" light flashing - '90 Accord

uncle K wrote in news:997d6b44-1da9-4582-8ea0- snipped-for-privacy@r8g2000vbj.googlegroups.com:

'90 Accord LX coupe, 4-banger, auto trans. This car only has 101K on > it and is in remarkable condition, always carefully maintained, > extremely reliable. Suddenly, the S light in the instrument cluster > is flashing. Reading the manual, the number and length of flashes > should indicate the problem code. However, it flashes repeatedly, for > as long as the ignition is on.

You need to jump the two pins in the Service Check connector, THEN turn the ignition on and count the flashes.

The Service Check connector is a loose plug (gray, I think) above the passenger kick panel (the plastic trim under the dash, just ahead of the door).

Reply to
Tegger

We determined that it's not kicking down into 1st at a stop, thus the sluggishness starting out. I found a diagnostic machine we can put it on today.

Thanks

Reply to
uncle K

Follow up:

Thanks, Tegger. It turns out the brain had an intermittent fart problem, as occasionally, everything would function normally. We gave it a brain transplant and so far, everything works as it should. It better, considering what this kind of surgery costs.

Unc

Reply to
uncle K