Re: Spare key for 2003 CR-V

wrote:

Cost me $95 at my locksmith (2004 CR-V). You can also buy a blank on eBay with the logo. They rebuild worn out ignition locks for more $. The pins get a flair on them. If you have no key, a licensed locksmith can also pull the data with your VIN and cut a key. The cutting machine sells for $20k or $10k refurbed. Then they buy a kit of key blanks with an asortment of chips that drop into the key. The programmer is separate. Honda will cut you a key for $175. Later CR-V models have a built in duplicator for the chip.
Rich