Re: Squeaking...but not from my brakes!...

im asuming you have aftermarket roters & pads put on? not to say they are bad. but can sometimes be or tend to be noisy. uhhm look for shims on the back of the brake pads they help keep them in tight if its in there. then i would take it back to the shop & explain to them that you have a noise in the brakes and you would like that repaired after all you still have warranty on the work performed by that shop/garage if its a good shop they will look after your problem. i had the same thing happen to me on my wifes pathfinder turned out the remedy was to simply put on a new set of brake pads. what happened with the first new set of pads were they got glazed & hardened up and sqeeked loudly i think in your case that to may be the remedy.

Reply to
johnin

If you pads are glazed (a common problem with light braking in the city) try this. Find a quiet section of highway and do a series of 3-4 heavy stops from 120kph to 30kph. This will burn off the glaze and get the brakes working properly again, and will generally stop the squeak for a while. Drive another 5 km normally to let the brakes cool down after the deglazing.

Stewart Dibbs

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS