re: surging

OK, I lied. The surging is, specifically, from 1000 - 2500 RPM, and it cycles every 2.5 seconds. To listen, it sounds just as if someone were steadily depressing and releasing the accelerator.
I shut off the A/C, but that had no effect.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
... You know what seems odd to me? Numbers that aren't divisible by two.

On 11/28/2005 6:17 PM Dave Kelsen spake these words of knowledge:

Here on my server, my original message did not show up, so I'm posting this as an explanation.
My wife just came home in her 2001 Odyssey, 99,760 miles, and it is surging from 1K to 2.5K RPM every 2.5 seconds. It does this sitting at idle in the driveway. I have not driven it in this condition, although I will do so in the morning - to the dealer.
Anyone have any idea what can cause such a thing?
Thanks.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
... Whenever I think about the past it brings back so many memories...

Start by checking the coolant level in the reservoir, per the owner's manual directions. Consider doing an air purge of the cooling system, again per the owner's manual.
Certain engine control components are cooled by the cooling system. With air or an improper amount of coolant in the cooling system, these components will not work properly.

knowledge:
2500 RPM, and it

if someone were

On 11/28/2005 6:46 PM Elle spake these words of knowledge:

Thanks, Elle. I'll check that out in the morning.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
... If little else, the brain is an educational toy.

Check the coolant level!!!!!!!!!
Dave Kelsen wrote:

Beel wrote:

In addition, also try bleeding air from the coolant system using the bleeder valve (with the engine cold of course).
Eric
On 11/28/2005 6:41 PM Eric spake these words of knowledge:

I'll look at that; I do have the service manual, so perhaps I can figure out a thing or two before I try taking it to the dealer.
Thanks.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
... All things being equal, fat people use more soap.

replace the IAC. there is no coolant bleeder on a v-6 oddy. Chip