Re: Timing Belt - 96 Accord Engine Interference Type?

Where are you located? Is it considered a 'severe driving area' as per the manual? If so, the interval for t-belt change is 100000kms. Otherwise its
160000kms. And yes, its interference, so best not to play with fire....
I don't see what the Tachometer and the T-belt have to do with each other... maybe the CKP sensor?? One of the Honda techies on the site may be able to enlighten you on that one...
disallow wrote:

I'm not sure about the 96s, but my 92 has a sensor in the distributor that will occasionally come a bit loose, resulting in the tach looking like a VU meter from an old stereo. tighten the connections, and it's all good :)