Re: Toyota says no evidence 'runaway' Prius happened

Page 6 of 8
wrote:

I like that one!
It translates well into a Scottish joke too.
--
Tegger

Polish jokes are out, too.
On 03/20/10 22:48, Cameo wrote:

SINCE WHEN? <nobody tells me anything> :)
Tegger wrote:

'Teg??

Integra.
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

Ah so.

That brings up a question I've been wondering for some time. Which Integra model is closest to the Accord?
On 3/20/10 1:06 PM, in article ho32qo$967$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org,

None. They were closer to a Civic with a stiffer suspension and more powerful engine.
The Acura TL is an Accord with delusions of grandeur.

Integra was a derivitive of the Civic.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I see. But the Integras are no Civics with delusions of grandeur. Got it.

As Meyer says, none. All Integras and RSXs were Civic-based.
Honda in the US no longer sells Civic-based vehicles under the Acura nameplate; all US-market Acuras are based on the European or American Accord platform.
However, Honda in Canada does sell the 4-door Acura CSX, which is Civic- based. We're poorer up here, so Acura Canada needs a cheap car to help boost their volumes.
--
Tegger

I've had no idea that you were Canadian!
Cameo wrote:

Or Scottish. Didn't notice the accent I guess.

InTEGra... thus the moniker "Tegger"....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I think so. 45-50mpg, LARGE back seat (three kids can sit abreast), and the hatch--which is large enough for a family of four to take a week's vacation with, even putting all the luggage underneath the pull-out cover.
It's low to the ground, but the seating height isn't nearly as low as my 92 Civic was. I prefer the low to the ground handling to my wife's minivan.
Speed demon? Nah, although I know it will go 101 at least. Will self-absorbed 20-somethings from Jalopnik buy it? Nope. But will they feel shame at dissing this car when they're 40 and have family responsibilities? Yep. They'll find out what its true value is.

Do you need to shift into 2nd manually, or is it more like a CVT?
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

CVT.

So... it is, then, for all intents and purposes, an automatic.
Since some 90% of new cars in North America are purchased with automatics, Toyota had chosen well in having the Prius mimic a traditional automatic.
--
Tegger

Nasty wrote:

Actually, it is a type of CVT.

it's still an "auto" transmission. just one with continuously variable gearing(ratios). No -manual- clutch,no -manual- shifting of the belt. It's done -automatically-....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik