Re: Volkswagon unveils car that gets 282 miles to the gallon.

The combined zones of two vehicles will not prevent serious injury, or death, if the terminal speed of the collision is too high.

As one who designed crumple zone in the automotive industry, I can assure you properly belted passenger, riding is a vehicle in which the passenger compartment was no intruded upon, can and do die if the terminal speed of the 'third collision,' where one organs strike the skeleton, is too high.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter