Re: Why does the auto industry turn out such crap??

YEP around 2% on AVERAGE just as is the case with all other manufactured products

The A604 transmissions in these chrysler products were absolutely famous > for its remarkably bad design. Transmission repair shops had 40 percent > of their business at one point on this one transmission. > > That transmission would only run 15 to 20 thousand miles maximum. They > required about 1500 to 2000 dollars repair if you were lucky. Chrysler > kept making them for years when they knew they were bad. Welcome to > American auto manufacturing. > > Finally, most Americans realized they were being totally screwed by > Detroit and moved on the better vehicles. > > Detroit simply does not deserve to be saved. They make crap and sell it > on the open market. I wonder why their business tanked. > > Now they will only be in business as a government auto manufacturing > industry. Our tax dollars supporting complete incompetence.

Toyota doesn't get it right every time, either.

I have had two Fords that were really good. And I know others with American cars that were good, too.

On the other hand, a lot of American and foreign cars really sucked, too.

Jeff

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually 2% is very high for Toyota.