Re: You EVER hit VTEC ?

wrote:

amen and booyah from me w/ 93 civic Si 5 spd VTEC almost every drive
I do not know about 5-6K, mine feels like i can engage around 4-4.5 k under right conditions
need it especially on highway here, everyone thinks they are racing somewhere and their goal in life is not to let you get in front of them, which is fine (just slip behind right) except there is another guy right behind that one with the same notion and the on-rampers get same treatment ? where VTEC is handy
i just wish i had that 1.6 DOHC 160hp monster in the civic, watch the jaws drop on those un-suspecting passer-bys
lol, kinda funny your calling the 160HP a monster, and yet if you read the RSX forums, the people with the base RSX (160HP Engine, and no true vtec) are considered SLOW

well relatively speaking 160 is a monster, i am about 120 hp w/vtec and i find it fun to drive so 160 hp ought to give quite a nice kick in the pants giving more fun (i would hope)
160hp RSX slow ? i think it is more relativity at work there, whats the comparison 220/240/260 hp
now that would be monster in a civic

robm wrote:

Get the new 2006 Civic Si; 197hp from the factory. "It'll reverse your thinking." ;-) I personally would love to have one.
Jonathan
P.S. Imagine what that engine would do with a cold-air intake, hi-performance exhaust system, new cam gear, turbo, etc. ;-)

me too
Thats exactly why i try NOT to keep up with latest cars, I'll want one. maybe i can go look and not touch, doubtful

It may already incorporate some of those mods. (CAI and exhaust,cam.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Except that the 06 Civic SI has LSD. The 2006 Civic SI is faster than the RSX-S.
If you want to know how it would do with those mods, go to clubrsx.com. Some guys are with the Cybernation Turbo and running 12's. A CAI/RH/Exhaust/Hondata should easily get it in the high 13's.

but its still ugly!

actually they hit dealers in less than amonth =x
Jonathan Upright wrote:
<snip>

Probably explode.
;)
"Jamco"

haha exactly I have TSX (2.4 DOHC i-VTEC) and it IS a rather "slow" car **BUT** can be driven fast ! You just gotta rev the hell out of it and yes, that engine begs for it.
Last car was good-ol' M/T Legend...VTEC all teh time, now the A/T TSX I got goes into VTEC @ 6K So unless I use the sportshift I've never been able to hit VTEC :(
My 2000 civic SiR (US Si) acts like a regular civic under 5500rpms. Once vtec engages it's noticable, but I wouldn't call it a MONSTER.
chris

A Civic (especially an older one)is probably a lot lighter than a newer RSX.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik