Rear brake light replacement in 2002 Odyssey

One of the rear brake lights in my wife's '02 Odyssey isn't working. The owners manual seems to be quite clear on how to remove the tail light assembly and replace the bulb. (Use a flat screwdriver to open
the covers, remove the screws, and slide the assembly back from the body).
The covers lift easily, the screws come out, and the tail light assembly moves freely in most directions - except back. The manual is not clear on the front mount point. It looks like it is a stud possibly into a rubber grommet. I DON'T want to break anything doing this, so I've been cautious in applying force. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanks,
PlainBill

Dumb multi-poster. Crossposting is beyond your intellectual capabilities?
See my reply to this identical message independently posted to rec.autos.makers.honda.
I will not repeat myself here.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Not necessary. I found instructions elsewhere.
PlainBill
PlainBill wrote:

so why did you post?

To tell me so, that's why.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Well now we know in the future not to bother answering any of is questions.