Rear bumper falling off slowly?

Hi All,
My 99 Honda Civic (HX)'s rear bumper seems to be slowly developing a gap where the bumper is connected to the side of the body frame. It's
almost as if whatever clamps where holding it in place are loosening so it seems like the bumper is ditending from the body.
Could anyone tell me what may be going on here, hopefully before the thing decides to just fall off one day.
Thanks in Advance,
John
Add pictures here
âś–

Rust has dissolved the extension of the rear quarter panel that the bumper slots onto. Almost every Civic of that generation has terrible problems with rust in that area.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:

I haven't seen a civic of that generation that does not have that problem here in Idaho where the rust is accelerated
Add pictures here
âś–