Rear bumper falling off slowly?

Hi All,

My 99 Honda Civic (HX)'s rear bumper seems to be slowly developing a gap where the bumper is connected to the side of the body frame. It's almost as if whatever clamps where holding it in place are loosening so it seems like the bumper is ditending from the body.

Could anyone tell me what may be going on here, hopefully before the thing decides to just fall off one day.

Thanks in Advance,

John

Reply to
John Shepard

John Shepard wrote in news:xeDxg.3551$Gv.2054@fed1read09:

Rust has dissolved the extension of the rear quarter panel that the bumper slots onto. Almost every Civic of that generation has terrible problems with rust in that area.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I haven't seen a civic of that generation that does not have that problem here in Idaho where the rust is accelerated

Reply to
runsrealfast