Rear end collisions at the corners

I am considering buying a nearly new civic that has been in a rear-end collision hit at 25mph where the rear corner was smashed (The bumper destroyed, and side panel had to be replaced as it was crumbled in the corner). Does rear corner collision pose any more risk to frame integrity than a direct symetric rear collision? The owner says repair was easily done and everything is fine.

Thanks for help, Ben

Reply to
curious314159

I would take the car to a good shop that has a lazer frame machine and ask them to measure the structure, if repaired correctly and not in a back yard shop the repair should be as good if not better than new.

If your not getting a good deal, why are you looking at this car, does it have a salvage title?

Have you ever seen a car that dog track's it runs down the road crooked, I would want to make sure this car tracks correctly.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa