Rear Rotor removal for a 98 Honda Passport

Hello everyone. I am doing rear brakes on a 98 Passport LX 4wd V6. I have pulled off the calipers and am trying to remove the rotors, but they don’t come off. I’ve looked for a clip and it doesn’t seem like
pulling the hub or trying to knock the studs out would help. Does anyone have any idea on how to remove them? Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
âś–

Are you in NYC? If so, you've got RUST.
Judging by how the rotors look on this page: http://tinyurl.com/ct5tr they're probably just rusted on.
They should slide off, but are seized to the hub itself. You could have a struggle here.
First make sure any Phillips-head screws have been removed. If you can't get those out, use an impact driver. If that fails, drill them out.
Now get a nylon hammer and try pounding the rotor off from the inner face (keep close to the inside edge of the friction surface). You might have to pound hard.
If that doesn't work, get a 1# steel hammer and tap the side of the "top hat" while turning the rotor in an attempt to make the rust crack. Once in a while try the nylon hammer thing again.
Good luck.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
TeGGeR® wrote:

putting the wheels back on loose and doing a couple of hard stops in the parking lot usually does the job too. sometimes a little less stressful than pounding the tar out of the bearings anyway.
Add pictures here
âś–
I have a '95 Passport, on the'95s, in the rear there is a drum brake behind the disc rotor-drum brake. your foot operates the disc brake and the hand brake operates the drum brake.
Is the handbrake on? That could be the problem.
If it is rusted on, try penetrating oil.

Add pictures here
âś–

Touche! Missed that one!
Not too many cars have that setup.