rear wheel bearing, 86 accord

I am replacing rear brakes on my 86 Accord (130K) for what I suspect is the first time. The bearing assembly is different from the Nissans, Toyotas, and VWs that I have worked on that it is a one piece assembly that fits over the spindle and inside the hub. Everything comes off by removing a 32mm nut tightened at about 130 ft-lbs. My question is whether this bearing assembly is DIY serviceable. My Haynes manual provides no information about it and no exploded view. If I pry out the seal can I clean and repack the bearing without special tools as I have done on the cars mentioned above? Or since the bearing is not loose and moves as expected should I just leave it alone?

WP

Reply to
Wiley Post

"Wiley Post" wrote in news:h3f98n$b52$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

I can't say for certain,but I believe that wheel bearings today are sealed and not repackable. If the bearing is not showing any signs of wear(noise,free play,wobble),then I'd leave it alone.

Reply to
Jim Yanik