Rear wiper on a sedan?

Such a thing actually exists. And I took a picture of it.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/skyline_wiper.jpg
This Nissan Skyline of unknown vintage lives across the street from where I
work, and I discovered it just last week. What a cool car. I always wondered why Nissan never sold it in Canada or the US.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

    I have never seen the need for a rear wiper on any vehicle. They are a waste through and through.

I found rear wipers to be very useful on my minivans in the winter. When driving in light snow, it would accumulate on the rear window. A quick swish of the wiper took care of it much quicker than the defrosters.
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

Due to the aerodynamics, rear wipers are more "essential" on vehicles with close to vertical rear windows. My wife's Camary doesn't collect nearly as much spray as my Fit.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Always shoot first. At the very least you'll

Absolutely. The 06 Civic's rear window is heavily slanted, and collects nothing while moving, but the minivans collected loads of snow, especially during a light snowfall...
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

Blimey - don't you drive ?
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:24:53 +0100, "thomas"

You must ignore his ramblings.
thomas wrote:

    I've been driving for almost forty years. I have never had a need to look out the rear window of any vehicle I have driven over the years. Side mirrors are far more accurate to use to keep track of what is going on around any vehicle.

Please, do not drive near me.
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

HE's not dangerous, he's implying that YOU are.
And if you're using your side-view mirrors as rear-view mirrors, then you've got them aimed wrongly.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 10/21/09 6:28 PM, in article Xns9CABC5FC03486tegger@208.90.168.18,

Don't know about the rear wiper, but Nissan is finally selling the Skyline in the US. Its called the GT-R, has 480 horsepower out of a twin turbine V6 & costs about $85k US.

I think it's pretty safe to say the GT-R will be a "niche" vehicle.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 10/22/09 6:47 PM, in article Xns9CACC938479B2tegger@208.90.168.18,

The one I've seen in a Nissan dealership was fenced off with velvet rope so that it could not be approached or, God forbid, touched by prospective customers. I'm kinda surprised Nissan didn't market it as an Infiniti in the US. They, at least, wouldn't be afraid of customers actually touching the car.

The velvet rope might have been an image thing, I guess. Makes the car seem that much more desirable. Forbidden fruit, y'know.