rebuilding d16z6

ok I got a question. I'm taking apart the engine and I have it on a stand and where the thermastat mounts there is like a metal pipe that runs in the the thermastat and obviously it is the coolant pipe, but my
question is how do I remove it. I want to remove everything from the engine and clean it off and shine it up, but I can't get this metal tube off and there if like a black canister on top the metal coolant pipe that I can't remove either and I'm wonder how to remove those parts???
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1168472305.962256.262450@ 77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

Remove the thermostat housing. The pipe will pull off after that. When replacing, change the two O-rings.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Bu it is like metal pipe molded around the thermastat housing. and also how do I removve the black canister.... do I just pull it off

What year Civic is this engine in?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I figured it out. all you actually do is pull it off. it was the actual only way to remove the part anyway. I just didn't want to break anything, but ya the metal line just pulled off and, so did the black canister. Although they were a little tough to get off, they just pulled off and the o-ring just sealed around them. Thanks for the info tho.