Recommend window tint

Which auto glass tint manufacturers/products should I consider for my Accord? I read about Madico Charcool being a good reputable product. Also any recommended dealers in the greater Los Angeles area?

Reply to
dxmah

I have Llumar on multiple vehicles and love it. Especially the lifetime warranty... and they honor it! ...4 years later with receipt. I screwed it up with some overspray of some industrial cleaner and it got pock marks on it. Replaced no problem. I love that! I love it so much, I got some mirror tint that I had installed on my house for security reasons. Looks GREAT and the same warranty applies. The cats in the house love it too as they sit about 3 feet from the birdfeeder, the birds have no clue. Anyway, back to the car...

I live in Florida where the sun can bake anything and the tint is almost 6 yrs old and as dark as new. I am very picky and this stuff lasts! just avoid the window cleaner products.

Some photos on my Accord:

-keith

Reply to
Keith J

Looks good...how do you clean the windows then?

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

The well-backed warranty is a valuable thing. Tint tends to scratch or tear over the years, and one that is less likely to do that and will be fixed for free if it does is worth a premium.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I use a damp/moist (not dripping) terry cloth towel then a dry one to dry. Any soft "face cloth" towels will work, the softer the better.

I use plain old tap water. I usually clean them when it is warm outside, to me I think it helps if the window is warm. No science to back that up though, but it helps with the drying.

-keith

Reply to
Keith J