Remote Start for 2006 Accord

I have been trying to find a quality remote start for my '06 Accord. I would like the unit installed, and obviously don't want for it to cause any undesirable issues. Can anyone recommend a product/
service? Thank you.

I can't tell you what product to use but I can tell you to buy it and get it installed at a place that does alot of installs. In my neck of the woods it would be Future Shop and not Canadian Tire for example..
JRL wrote:

---------------------
Dude, I wouldn't let Canadian Tire check the PSI in my spare tire . . They'd probably come back telling me my rad had a tire iron through it and needs replacement.
'Curly'

Read my posting Curly I said not Canadian Tire.
JRL wrote:

--------------------
-------------------
I agree, but I worded it wrong. Let us declare in unison:
Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! ! Stay away from Canadian Tire ! !
Except maybe to buy a large screen TV or some muffler bearings. 'Curly'
they were out of muffler bearings when I was there last time.
motsco_ wrote:

Do not base your final decision on price!
Things to look for...
- Make sure shop uses a proper starter-lockout bypass and doesn't merely tape your key inside the steering column
- You want a unit that has a hard line to a tach wire rather than voltage sensing to detect if/when the engine has started.
- Well established shop, preferably with industry certified installers
Get a quality/reputable brand of starter. I prefer DEI (Python, Viper, etc...) and Code Alarm.
gary wrote:

Hmmmm, I do it my self. Just done one for wife's new car. Needed a gadget to bypass anti-theft feature. I have done it many times, remote key, starter, trunk release, etc.
gary wrote:

honda don't install these things, and they don't offer them as an option because it's bad for the engine. prolonged idling while cold, as happens with remote start, dilutes the oil film on the cylinder walls and thus increases wear. it also increases the rate at which the oil soots up, and that in turn increases wear too. it also wrecks the exhaust by causing excessive condensation buildup.
bottom line, don't use one. if you're worried about cold starts, get a block heater - honda sell and install those.
remote start is offered as an option on the 2008 civic.
jim beam wrote:

loewent via CarKB.com wrote:

shame - the bean counters are still running honda then, not the engineers.

dunno, I had to let my civic run for 15 minutes this morning before the frost/fog would clear up on the inside of the glass. I agree its not good most of the time and a huge waste of gas, but in this case safety (being able to see) trumped whats good for the engine.
It has a remote starter, but generally only used when its below -20C. At that temp, you get a little fuss from the engine if you go after 15 seconds if it wasn't plugged in.
jim beam wrote:

jim beam wrote:

The bean counters usually will run just about all businesses. Us engineers would probably run 'em into the ground :-O