Remote starter for '06 Accord

The recent thread about the OEM keyless entry has me wondering...

Is there an OEM solution for a 06 Accord EX w/Auto to retrofit a remote starter to this car? I would assume that, if it's available as a dealer add-on, it's going to pricey but just how pricey?

I'm AM aware of the aftermarket products out there but I'd rather not a) carry two remotes, b) sacrifice my Valet Key to the immobilizer bypass unit, and c) remember that I have to unlock the car using the remote start fob instead of the key fob.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

You might check handaaccessories.com, then check with your dealer.

You might check with your local aftermarket installer. They may be able to use a bypass system without needing your extra key. The aftermarket alarm should be about half of what the oem system is for the same quality. The key here is to make sure it is the same or better quality as oem, maybe something good like Astro, but not Bulldog.

Reply to
mrdancer

Will do, thanks.

I have experience with this installer and trust him when he says that they will need the spare key to do the bypass. Had the same thing happen with two previous GM cars utilizing the key immobilizer circuitry.

Still that leaves me with two fobs: one on the Honda key and a second, albeit smaller, to operate the remote start and unlock the car when I'm ready to enter and drive away.

Installer I've used carries Prestige (Audiovox) and once installed they've proven to be pretty bullet-proof.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Don't trust him. All the "decent" brands of starters have specific bypass modules where the spare key is not left in the car.

The better brands (Prestige is not one of them) will completely replace the Honda FOB. Look into Code Alarm and anything by DEI (Python, Viper, etc...) as well as higher end units.

Reply to
Seth