removal of front bumper - accord '90

Hi all,
Does anybody have experience removing the front bumper on a honda accord? Do I have to take out the bumper cover and then the bumper?
My original problem is to change the headlight on the driver side and
replace the bumper cover. Both seem to require the removal of the bumper.
thanks for your help, vlad

It's simple, but is hard to explain in words. Bumper and skin are removed as a unit.
See this factory PDF: <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/accord/89-91_accord_front-bumper-removal.pdf
--
Tegger

I'm able to get to the two bolts on the passenger side because the bumper cover is damaged. Getting to the ones on the driver side seems nearly impossible.
thanks vlad

All four bolts are inside the signal-light apertures. If you remove the signal lights, the bolts should be quite accessible.
In addition to those bolts, you also need to remove the two large nuts from inside the engine compartment. I'd advise removing those nuts first, so you can sit on the driveway and support the bumper with your legs as you remove the bolts that are inside the signal light apertures.
These steps should have the bumper off easily: 1) Remove the screws at either end of the bumper, at the front of the wheel wells. 2) Remove the clips on the bottom that hold the splash guard to the bumper skin. 3) Remove the two nuts from inside the engine compartment. 4) Remove the signal lights as shown in the PDF. 5) Sit on the driveway so that your legs can support the bumper. 6) Remove the two bolts from each signal light aperture. 7) Slide the bumper forward and off. The ends will be hooked to the inner fender splash guards, so a tug might be needed.
--
Tegger

Thanks so much Tegger.
vlad