Removing scratches safely

My 2 year old Accord EX has managed to get some not too deep scratches. Is there a safe over the counter product to use to buff them out or mostly make them disappear that will not damage the overall finish?
TIA Jim
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 7:47:50 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:

I have used Scratch Doctor, a fine abrasive, with good success. It does re move some surface finish, so must then be waxed or covered with your favori te protectant. If the scratches go through the clearcoat, you need touch u p paint, followed by fine rubbing compound after it is fully cured.