Removing Timing Drive Pulley, 93 Civic

Hi all:

I am on my way to replace the crank oil seal in my 93 Civic, but have hit a snag. I can't get the timing belt drive pulley off. This pulley sits behind the large crankshaft pulley. Does anyone have any tricks to

removing it? I've tried prying on the plate that sits behind it, but that doesn't work. Should it be this hard?

Thanks.

Reply to
davidkatzen

I think you mean the timing belt sprocket.

Tap it a little with a brass mallet or any other material softer than steel. Worst case, you can purchase a puller from Autozone or Pep Boys that should work fine.

wrote

Reply to
Elle