Replaced Radiator, now it's leaking!!!

I have a 1994 Civic DX. I had a crack in the top tank of the radiator, so I replaced the radiator, both hoses, all four clamps, and the radiator cap. I kept the overflow tank and overflow hose. It was a really easy replacement, but the bottom hose at the radiator started leaking. A lot. So, I drained it again, pulled it out, took off the hose, and reclamped the hose back on tighter. Still leaked. Pulled it out AGAIN, and reclamped as tight as I could. Now, I'm not feeling any leakage when I put my hand at the bottom hose, but I still smell hot antifreeze very strongly, and the tank is not up to the top of the neck most of the time when I check it cold. I'm assuming the bottom hose is still leaking, but I can't possibly clamp it tighter. Is there a trick to this?? I made extra certain that the hose is clamped between the ridge and the tank.Thanks for the help.

Nate

Reply to
Me

pressure test your radiator to see where leak is exactly coming from,,, if it is still at bottom hose put a new honda lower radiator hose

Reply to
DESERTHONDA