Replaced speedometer

The speedometer on my 2000 honda civic was replaced recently due to damage. With the new speedometer, the milage was reset to zero. I'm wondering if it is possible to re-calibrate the meter to the original mileage reading before replacement?

Thanks.

Reply to
gordian

not really... they are designed to be tamperproof.... if you could simulate the pulses from the transmission to the cluster you could probably make it move without being in the car.

The proper way is to put a label with the mileage at which the speedo was changed out on the pillar at the drivers door.

gordian wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

It apparently is easy to set them to whatever mileage one wants. It only takes a few minutes with the appropriate equipment.

Reply to
Ghislain

"Ghislain" wrote in news:yvqdncUdXbmUqw7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com:

If they are digital.

Analog odometers (the kind with the spinny plastic numbers) must be run up manually, which takes agonizingly forever. I know; I've dunnit -- with an electric drill.

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

As someone mentioned above the digital odometers can be reset with the proper equipment. Do a google search and call your Honda dealer and ask if they have the equipment to do it.

Reply to
Woody