replacement chip key for corolla 2005

i am looking for a new or in other words a second key for my toyota corolla 2005 which is computer chip key and went to locksmith they can not do it,
any guidance within reasonable price/cost...will appreciate your responses... when i say second key, just means the one will start the car also, not only for the doors...
--
mandeep kaur

gurus11 wrote:

A Toyota dealer can help you, or get it off eBay and then get the Toyota dealer to cut it and 'enroll' it to your car.
I think the common thread is the _Toyota_ part.
This advice might be incorrect, so you should consult a _Toyota_ NewsGroup to confirm . .
'Curly'
'Curly Q. Links' wrote:

i have contacted the dealer, they charge you like holly cow, very expensive, any other alternative????
--
mandeep kaur

Perhaps ask this question in a Toyota newsgroup. As a Honda owner, I could care less what that other company does or charge their customers. {;^)

Some locksmiths can make chipped car keys. Check the Yellow Pages.