Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

I was suggested: NGK irridium NGK platinum NGK regular
I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it for 4).
I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter
died.
Also what do you suggest for plug wires?
Thanks inadvance!
On 3/27/07 10:26 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Use what it was born with, OEM wires and OEM plugs, which I believe are the NGK regulars. Then change them at the prescribed intervals.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Use whichever of the above you wish. NGK is factory-specification.
Your car originally came with "regular". Platinum and iridium (not "irridium") are longer-lasting but have the same electrical characteristics.
I use platinum because my engine spends most of its time around 4K rpm, which erodes plugs like crazy.

Cool. I've had mine for sixteen.

OEM (Honda dealer). Don't use anything else.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
use better plug wires than oem. you will notice a difference. i put accel thundersport wires on my civic and it runs alot smoother and it may have added more horsepower. theyre good quality also. the oem plug wires are bare minimum.
-jeff

Were your Accels more expensive or less expensive than OEM?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

while i hate "ricer" crap, i gotta say, the real deal quality plug leads, coiled core, /are/ better than oem. accel do seem to be such an example.
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:12:23 +0000, Tegger wrote:

I would imagine aftermarket NGK wires would work well. They are probably the OEM supplier.
wrote in

OEM here is Sumitomo.
NGK *is* a Honda OEM for some parts though, so you may be right, although I still wouldn't trust even Japanese aftermarket without some sort of verification.
And when is comes right down to the nub of the matter, that's all an automaker's franchised dealer sells: verification, confidence, trust.
--
Tegger
The Unofficial Honda FAQ
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:55:03 +0000, Tegger wrote:

Ah, yes...Sumitomo. They were OEM for Toyota a few years back, too.
I live about 3/4 mile from a US manufacturing plant that makes their specialty wire here in the US.