Replacement plug for 95 civic CX

I was suggested: NGK irridium NGK platinum NGK regular

I'm planning on keeping the car for a couple of years(already had it for 4).

I've already replaced the hole distributor assembly as the igniter died.

Also what do you suggest for plug wires?

Thanks inadvance!

Reply to
patbro

Use what it was born with, OEM wires and OEM plugs, which I believe are the NGK regulars. Then change them at the prescribed intervals.

Reply to
E Meyer

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1175009179.283682.50430 @b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Use whichever of the above you wish. NGK is factory-specification.

Your car originally came with "regular". Platinum and iridium (not "irridium") are longer-lasting but have the same electrical characteristics.

I use platinum because my engine spends most of its time around 4K rpm, which erodes plugs like crazy.

Cool. I've had mine for sixteen.

OEM (Honda dealer). Don't use anything else.

Reply to
Tegger

use better plug wires than oem. you will notice a difference. i put accel thundersport wires on my civic and it runs alot smoother and it may have added more horsepower. theyre good quality also. the oem plug wires are bare minimum.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in news:J_tOh.686$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net:

Were your Accels more expensive or less expensive than OEM?

Reply to
Tegger

while i hate "ricer" crap, i gotta say, the real deal quality plug leads, coiled core, /are/ better than oem. accel do seem to be such an example.

Reply to
jim beam

I would imagine aftermarket NGK wires would work well. They are probably the OEM supplier.

Reply to
Hachiroku

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= wrote in news:hWiPh.30$IY4.23@trndny03:

OEM here is Sumitomo.

NGK *is* a Honda OEM for some parts though, so you may be right, although I still wouldn't trust even Japanese aftermarket without some sort of verification.

And when is comes right down to the nub of the matter, that's all an automaker's franchised dealer sells: verification, confidence, trust.

Reply to
Tegger

Ah, yes...Sumitomo. They were OEM for Toyota a few years back, too.

I live about 3/4 mile from a US manufacturing plant that makes their specialty wire here in the US.

Reply to
Hachiroku