Reset Maint Required Light

I have been changing my own oil for a while now on my 03 Accord EX-V6. For some reason I have never been able to reset the Maint Required light that is triggered when the oil life is expired. I tried the explanation in the owners manual and that didn't work. Am I missing something? Does this light signal other issues with the car? My understanding was that all it was for was signaling late oil changes.

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

What procedure are you using?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

And are you looking at the maint req light or the check engine light?

Reply to
Woody

Hey Brian,

First, as the other poster said, make sure it's the yellow horizontal view of the engine, not a red indicator. On my Civic, the reset combination is: with the car OFF, press and hold the trip odometer reset button in. Start vehicle. Continue to hold the trip odometer button in until the maintenance required lamp goes out... should take less than 10 seconds after the vehicle has started. Let us know if that worked!

Reply to
COH

"Brian" wrote in news:45bf5ec6$0$17210$ snipped-for-privacy@news.twtelecom.net:

Amazing how often this question comes up.

See here for more solutions:

In case all the preceding causes severe distress, do this:

1) Turn off the engine. 2) Press and hold the Select/Reset knob in the instrument panel, then turn the ignition switch ON (II). 3) Hold the knob for approximately ten seconds until the indicator resets.

This comes straight out of your Owner's Manual.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks. This is what I have been trying. Nothing happens.

BTW - It is the yelow/orange light that says "Maint Required"

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I have been using the turn the key off, press the odo reset button then turn the key to II. No luck.

The light is the yellow/orange one that saya "Maint Required"

Reply to
Brian

Are you pressing and holding the button? While, and after you turn the key to II?

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

"Brian" wrote in news:45c3706c$0$21252$ snipped-for-privacy@news.twtelecom.net:

Did you try what it says in your Owner's Manual? Do you still have your Owner's Manual?

Reply to
Tegger

That's what the owners manual says. BTW - I still have all my paperwork, manuals, stickers, etc. I'm a pack rat when it come to that stuff...

Brian

Reply to
Brian

"Brian" wrote in news:45c74088$0$17196$ snipped-for-privacy@news.twtelecom.net:

So you're saying you followed the correct steps precisely and the Maintenance Required light won't go off?

Reply to
Tegger