Reset oil life indicator, CRV 2007

I just did the first oil change in my 2007 CRV and need to reset the oil life indicator. According to the manual, I push the stick that selects tripa/tripb/oillife until it's on oil life. Then, hold it in
for 10 seconds until the display starts blinking. Then, turn it until Oil Life is blinking. Then, push it again.
That just stops the blinking and sets the value back to 60%.
I'm sure I'm missing a step here somewhere.
My Honda dealer says if I bring the car in, they'll reset it, but it's my fault for not having the oil changed by Honda.
I have a 2007 CRV and it says it still has 60% oil life. I have 5000 miles now. How long is the first oil change suppose to go? I changed my 2001 CRV every 5000-7500 miles. I am sorry I cannot answer your question, but I do know that Honda is doing what they can to force us to use them for oil change. Did you get a new crusher for your oil plug?
I just did the first oil change in my 2007 CRV and need to reset the oil life indicator. According to the manual, I push the stick that selects tripa/tripb/oillife until it's on oil life. Then, hold it in for 10 seconds until the display starts blinking. Then, turn it until Oil Life is blinking. Then, push it again.
That just stops the blinking and sets the value back to 60%.
I'm sure I'm missing a step here somewhere.
My Honda dealer says if I bring the car in, they'll reset it, but it's my fault for not having the oil changed by Honda.

now. How long is the first oil change suppose to go? I changed my 2001 CRV every 5000-7500 miles. I am sorry I cannot answer your question, but I do know that Honda is doing what they can to force us to use them for oil change. Did you get a new crusher for your oil plug?

message
OK... figured it out. Once it starts blinking, turn the dial until "oil life" itself is blinking. Listen to the radio for a while, then push in the stick. It will reset to 100%. The time to wait is longer than 10 seconds, but I'm not exactly sure how long.