Resetting Car Radio ?

Hello,
Son has a 2005 Accord.
Had a battery replacement, and apparently as a result the car radio (code ?) has to be "reset".
Hard for him to get to Dealership to do.
Is this something he can do himself fairly easily ?
If so, how, please ?
Thanks, Bob
On 5/23/2013 8:04 PM, Bob wrote:

Read the owners manual. It's in there.
He will need the code which should be written in the owners manual or affixed to s sticker in the owners package or stuck to the side of the glove box.
If he can't find it, it's "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to Honda he goes with a handful of money"

Try here:
https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
I found mine on a sticker stuck to the LH 'wall' of the glove box... YMMV.
Instructions for entering it are in the owners manual.
Erik

In case manual is missing, instructions also found on my page, here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/radiocode.html
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

wanna thank Tegger for that, and his FI main relay pages. Good stuff.
Bookmarked!!!
GW
"Tegger" wrote in message

--------- Comment: The site is fine if you have all the answers which require, in addition to the VIN and device SN, the ZIP code, phone # and email address given when you bought the car. If you bought it used, you will probably need to see your friendly Honda dealer if you lack that info. When I bought my S2000, it was used -- but I made sure it had the radio code card. I store my codes online at the Honda user site.
TWW

In case manual is missing, instructions also found on my page, here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/radiocode.html
--
Tegger

As a new Honda owner (i.e. first time), could you let me know what the 'code' is? Why does one need it?
thanks mt
On 5/26/2013 9:36 AM, Mike Trainor wrote:

Code should be on a sticker in the glove compartment, or ask a dealer who can determine it from your VIN.
You only need the code if you plan to use the radio.

Did your new Honda come with an owner's manual?

You're a bit late to this thread, and have obviously missed the earlier part where all the juicy info was.
See my page on this subject (also listed earlier): http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/radiocode.html
--
Tegger

Did see your earlier note, but did not know about this amazing security system. I guess thieves are somehow kept from opening the glove box when they are already inside the car, removing the radio.
But, thanks for the education. The page explained what I was looking for.
mt
Mike Trainor wrote:

perhaps knowing that the system is such a pita that even most owners can't use it / figure it out, makes (in theory) theives just walk past a Honda to begin with.
I worked on a 2003 Honda over the weekend and asked the owner about the cOdE on the radio display and he said "it's been like that since I bought the car". I pointed him to Tegger's site and he didn't seem to think it was worth "all that trouble". So, that's Honda's end result from this retail techs view. Making the doors harder to unlock would have been a better strategy.
GW

everyone is wrong.
Honda dealers generally put the radio serial number sticker in the glove box. That comes from the early years when the only other way to get the serial number was physically to remove the radio. Nowadays, the radio can give you its serial number electronically via the display.
However you get the radio serial number, you give it to the Honda dealer who can then provide the unlock code via a proprietary Honda system. In general, the Honda dealer will do this only upon proof of your owning the car. Should a thief come in with a radio by itself, or simply with a serial number, a competent dealer who doesn't know the guy as a customer won't hand out the unlock code.*
The intent never, ever was to put an unlock code sticker out in plain sight. If anyone did that, he was an idiot who completely misunderstood the entire concept.
*I am under no illusion that there aren't thieving dealership employees who would happily take fifty bucks to provide the code--although I have to believe that Honda's system is tracking access and serial numbers, and can easily point to such a thieving employee.
On 5/27/2013 2:52 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

I can tell you for a fact that the radio code is not in the glove box of a 2012 Pilot.

For a 2012 the code will be on a card in the pouch/package that contains your Owner Manual and Warranty booklet.
--
Tegger

On 5/27/2013 6:00 PM, Tegger wrote:

Ya think?
"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,
Son has a 2005 Accord.
Had a battery replacement, and apparently as a result the car radio (code ?) has to be "reset".
Hard for him to get to Dealership to do.
Is this something he can do himself fairly easily ?
If so, how, please ?
--------- Reply: Had a situation like this come up with a friend's Mini Cooper today. She did not have the radio code. To preserve the codes, I used a 1 amp trickle charger while I replaced the the battery. Worked like a charm.
TWW
Thanks, Bob